Thursday, April 20, 2017

 Well it has been some time since I have blogged.  So many things to do in a day. 

This past year has been one of work and continued struggle.  Moving may change the scenery but your still there wherever you go.  I have been working retail as per usual and working on painting an listing and selling/sharing when I can which is almost daily.  Somehow though the blog is always the last item on my list. 

If your reading this and would like more updates as to what works I am doing and where to find more works of art of mine please visit me at my online store http://stores.ebay.com/blueartmouse.  You can sign up for coupons and for newsletters if you wish.  I would love to hear from others.

Lately my inspiration has been the process itself.  I have been playing with mixed media.  I have been exploring colored pencils, pastels, and acrylic tinted gessoes on a variety of surfaces.  I have used these items in the past but I have been really exploring them lately.  This new discovery is in part because I have sensitivities to the chemicals and have come up with strategies to keep my working environment safe and less toxic for me.  That being said I love some of the results I have been getting lately.

I recently discovered that yes colored pencil does work good on hardboard or canvas; as I hadn't tried that before.

Today I quit one of my part-time jobs (I had two plus my artwork)  I was getting over tired.  It made me feel lousy to do it but it felt like the right thing to do.  I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and was afraid of relapse.  I have anxiety and have had panic attacks.  Seems they occur when I take on to much.

So now as I sit here I feel pretty good.  My guy hasn't been working and money is a bit of an issue. He's looking daily and thinks he might have a job soon.  I can not be several people at once, I can only be me.

YouTube and all the artists out there have inspired me in the last few months the world is so abundant and art has such value to so many.  Why would anyone view it negatively?  Art is anything you wish; and everything you wish; it's a blank slate were all is possible; you just need your imagination.  You can enjoy some one else's vision; you can have or be anything.  Why on earth wouldn't you love art?

No comments:

Post a Comment