Monday, November 27, 2017

The Holiday Sale Season in Swing

So as per usual I have been working hard and seems like no one can see my efforts.  I know it's a negative thought; forgive me as it's the holidays and the stress levels are up their.
 
I recently did a show.  It was an unexpected event in my local community and I was personally invited to do the showing.  In reality it was a small business event.  It was called Shop Small in Stafford Springs CT.  I did sell a painting and it was a pleasant atmosphere but somewhat disappointing in sales.  I only had a couple days to plan for it.  Still lots of work loading and unloading for the event sitting all day and selling. I also had to put things in frames etc.
 
I have been very focused on creation as well as of late and the sales end has suffered a bit so I am back at listing and showing my hard work again.  I am going a little nuts as I have a large dental bill coming up and part of it already past; so I am doing all I can to deal with that. Despite taking the best care I can for my teeth things come up.
 
Maybe I should not be so personal when I write these blogs but I feel people should know what it really is like to be an artist. I have mild depression and anxiety and had a few bad days but blasted through them.  I had some pretty horrible thoughts; the worst was Thanksgiving I had been to the dentist two days before and I had to work at my "real" job that day.  I came home in a really awful mood thinking things people should never think.  Cried my eyes out and had no thanksgiving meal. My man made me feel better and the next day I determined and willed myself to feel better. Being an artist the world is not always real helpful.  I have had to work retail and usually miss out on holidays and have to pay out of pocket for such luxuries as the dentist or sometimes the Dr. 
At times I want to give up but I feel I can't I am only gifted with so many skills and talents.
 
I hope for a good Christmas and am thankful for my man and my pets.  I am thankful I am not losing any teeth and that I already bought my Christmas presents. I live in a good home and have people who care about me.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment