Thursday, September 7, 2017

I am not sure if I will have a physical art show this year

Well I have been trying to build up money for an upcoming art show.  I needed the money by  9/15/17 it's 9/7/17 so I am not sure it will happen.

I wanted to do an art show in Windham CT it occurs in Oct but you have to apply and pay before the show.

I try to do a physical show of some sort every year.  I sometimes wonder why I bother however not being negative; its just that I make my money online.  Seems like a better fit for me.  It fits my schedule as I am always working my "normal" job on the weekends when most shows occur.  Seems to me like more and more art business is being done online and you should go to where things are going to be instead of where they are to stay on track. and not fall behind.

I wonder if I am the only artist that feels this way?

I recently went to a local gallery to seek representation and she was more then willing to represent me but I wondered looking at the other art there whether it made sense for me to display there.  The art looked like beginner works and there is nothing wrong with that but I am a little more seasoned and didn't think it would match her place.

  I wonder if seeking out a gallery in Willington CT is realistic as there isn't much of anything to choose from; which brings me back to doing business online.  It so much easier to show, share, and collect funds.   Other  functions are also easier; such as setting up displays (because there is non except your gallery should look nice); also giving a percentage to charity is easier; calling for friends, family, co-workers and past customers to help out is also easier most of the time.  Though that being said some sites will not let you contact the buyer or past customer outside of a sale that they are involved in; this depends a great deal on what website or sites you are using.  Still advertising is so much easier with a with clicks and a few dollars, sometimes free, your done.  So again this question comes up why do actual shows.  I know there are many reasons but for today I am just going to ask me this question and leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment